Buying the best punching bag is the most important purchase you are ever going to make in your martial arts journey. The best martial arts punching bags come in different weights, shapes, sizes, and many other specifications. Picking the wrong punching bag wastes your effort, time, and money on a product that does not meet your preferences.
Lucky for you, we have carried out a careful analysis of the top 3 quality martial arts punching bag that you can always consider. Below you will find what you should know before making an informed decision on your new martial arts punching bag. Take a look.
The 3 Best Martial Arts Punching Bag
Reviews of the 3 Hot Pick Martial Arts Punching Bags
The Everlast Mixed Martial Arts punching bag is an excellent purchase option if you are getting in the world of heavy bags. Even though it is not a good one for strong, heavy and more experienced punchers, the bag still does the trick if you are just getting started.
- The bag is 70lb heavy as it constructed from tough, rough poly-canvas that is stuffed with a blended filler, therefore, providing robust shock absorbency.
- Has an adjustable heavy bag chain.
- The bag’s shell is a durable poly-canvas having a synthetic leather feel and look.
- This kit ships with all the basics needed to get you started.
- It is a perfect bag for small flats because of their small size.
- It is easy to be carried around and installed. You will need a drill machine for installation.
- It is a great option to improve your cardiovascular functions and at the same time, reduce stress.
Century Dummy training bag is an innovative tool for your striking practices. It emulates a real opponent and also provides all the benefits of elegant equipment.
- Its height is adjustable, usually 60″-82″.
- The bag gives you an ability to visualise the opponent.
- They are easily moved by rolling around because of its round base.
- They are the best in offering striking precision such as uppercuts and knees hence targeting the opponent.
- They have a realistic design that allows you to throw punches to specific body areas perfectly
- The dummy can be removed from its base to drill ground-work techniques.
- Has soft padded materials that ensure you are not hurt when striking it, even when you are not using gloves.
This single-station heavy bag has a high-quality construction and can, therefore, be used for a long time if well maintained. It is your ultimate key to fitness.
- It has a 100 lbs weight and therefore heavy enough to give you a gym experience.
- Its stand has three sturdy weight plate pegs that offer excellent stability hence perfect for training.
- It is easy to assemble.
- Can hold up to 100 lbs.
- It is made with quality steel tubing that is coated with powder, therefore durable.
- It also comes with a chain assembly and a bracket mount that ensures the boxing bag is securely held to the ceiling.
- Being made to fit narrow spaces, the punching bag takes little room a good choice if you lack enough space.
- It is affordable and worth every penny spent on it.
What Is the Best Kung Fu Martial Arts Training?
The best Kung fu beginner’s training concentrates on basic body movements. These include punches, kicks, stances and the different stretching methods. Beginners are also taught the basic styles and forms of Kung Fu martial arts. This beginner’s course aims to help newbies master the simple Kung fu techniques, movements, and types.
When the training advances, new things are taught to the participants. The advanced training focuses on improving the basic movements and correcting any mistakes by the student. This level of the training introduces vital martial arts techniques like stances, kicks, spinning, turning and jumping movements. The course level also provides students with the opportunities to freely re-compose styles and learn the necessary forms with directions and instruction from teachers.
To be sure you have gotten the best Kung Fu martial arts training, check if the following are some of the skills you have acquired:
- For endurance and flexibility, be sure that you can stretch your legs in different directions, this helps for softness purposes
- Be sure that you can perform group jumps like Cossack jumps, frog jumps, squat jumps, step-ups, duck walks, squats, toe jumps, sprints, the one-legged jumps among others. The monks help to open up the hips at the same time while stretching the legs. Monks are an excellent warm-up for bag works and fighting kicks.
- Stances are typically found in every style of the Shaolin kung fu. For instance, the horse stance helps to boost the thigh strength, patience and endurance. This position will provide a training foundation that is solid in learning the beginner’s’ and advanced kung fu moves.
What Are the Different Styles of Martial Arts?
- Capoeira – This one is a Brazilian martial art that traces its origin from Angolan slaves. The slaves would disguise their self-defense moves as a dance move. The martial art is very acrobatic, with punches, flips, and kicks.
- Krav maga – It emphasizes on hand-to-hand war with wrestling, grappling, and hand strikes. Krav maga also trains on how to use ordinary objects of the surrounding environment to help fight the enemy, regardless of their weight or height.
- Tae kwon do – This is Korean martial style that is very old. It emphasizes on kicking in particular. The practice also integrates joint locks, hand strikes, punches, and throws.
- Karate – This martial art covers different self-defense styles that involve punches, kicks, and open-handed chops. Just like many other martial arts, this one has different ranking levels that reflect expertise. In karate, the various rankings are showed by belts of different colors. The common black belt represents the highest level of expertise.
- Tai chi – this is a Chinese martial art involving devised, slow-motion postures. Some forms of Tai chi use swords or any other weapons. Nowadays, in the West, tai chi is often practiced as a type of exercise and rarely practiced as a martial art.
- Kung fu – Kung fu is a Chinese martial art that mainly employs various fighting styles. Some of the fighting styles involve acrobatic elements like jumps, flips, and high kicks. Kung fu can be classified into two different schools: the school that focuses on arm work, such as rapid punching; and the school that focuses on acrobatic acts, with leg work and kicks. Kung fu was developed to inspire the practitioner to use the enemy’s force against her or him. Some Kung fu schools emphasize on a focus on visualization and relaxation techniques.
- Jujitsu – This was developed in Japan and China. It is a forerunner of both judo and aikido. All three martial arts depend on grappling. Grappling is a technique involving fighting the opponent near most of the body parts in contact. It also requires anything else from strangles to throws to throwing the opponent to the ground and fighting there. This style uses the enemy’s force to carry out joint locks to detain the opponent.
- Aikido – Just like the jujitsu, this martial art also originates from Japan. The two martial arts styles have a similar harmony that makes use of the opponent’s strength and momentum. Aikido makes lesser use of hands, unlike jujitsu and does not use kicking. Instead, the expert uses pushing movements and turning motions together with joint locks.
- Judo – Judo also has its origin in Japan. Like aikido and jujitsu. It is largely based on grappling. It also has a heavy emphasis on pinning down the enemy and using throws.
- Hapkido – This is a Korean martial art that incorporates different weapons like ropes, belts, and canes. The weapons are used in moves like joint locks, kicks, hand strikes, and throws, to the pressure points of the body.
Knowing the specifications of a punching bag and how they are used should not just be limited to boxers, fitness enthusiasts or mixed martial artists. Instead, you can learn about punching bags and get to develop your street fighting and self-defense skills. This is why the above knowledge is essential for anyone interested in purchasing an elegant punching bag and having knowledge of the different martial arts styles.
|Everlast Mixed Martial Arts Punching Bag||Buy on Amazon|
|Century Dummy Training Bag with Adjustable Height||$299.99||Buy on Amazon|
|Everlast Single-Station Heavy Bag with Stand for Kicking||Buy on Amazon|