If you enjoy physical exercises for various purposes, you might have one time forced to wait in a queue to use an elliptical machine at the gym, especially during the peak hours. The elliptical machines are one of the most popular cardio machines that are used at fitness centers. They are also considered top choice machines you can use as home equipment for exercises. There’re different types of elliptical machines that come with different features and purposes for users. Let’s see the 4 types of ellipticals.
4 Types of Elliptical Machines
There are various types of elliptical trainer machines, but these target specific workouts. It is always better to identify your targets in specific exercises before choosing or purchasing the type of machine deemed appropriate for your preferred workout. The following are the four different types of elliptical trainer machines.
1. Elliptical Cross Trainer Machines
The design elements of this type of elliptical give a workout for the full-body since it possesses handlebars that you can use at the same time with the foot pedals. The cross trainer elliptical machine helps in providing vigorous exercises for both your lower and upper body parts.
Cross trainers are crucial in building your upper body muscles, specifically the blades of the shoulders, chest, and upper back. It is generally designed to help the whole body gain better shape, not just the lower or upperparts. The cross trainer elliptical machine enables you to better cardiovascular workouts without damaging the shins or bones since it is associated with minimal impacts.
Features of the Cross Trainer Elliptical Machine
- Comfortable seat built with thick cushions to make you enjoy your workouts
- The machine comprises LCD devices that help in showing your heart speed and rate quickly and clearly
- The foot pedals and handlebars are all made to provide you comfortability and a secure grip during the workouts
- All the features included on the machine are adjustable such as the resistance and incline levels
Advantages of a Cross Trainer Elliptical Machine
- Low impact exercises that are considered crucial for your cardiovascular system.
- The machine is accommodating and comfortable, making it suitable for all persons with different fitness levels and sizes to improve their health.
- Besides, cross trainers offer user-friendly options making the operation of the machine easy regardless of the user’s experience.
2. Foldable Elliptical
- All LEVELS: An 8-level magnetic control system allows the user to adjust the tension level for an easier or more challenging workout. This indoor bike has a 3-piece "high torque" cranking system for a smooth pedaling motion.
- THE FUTURE OF FITNESS: Add the MyCloud Fitness Cadence sensor (sold separately) to track your workouts effectively, stream motivating classes, and calculate your food calories. The future of connected fitness means you don't have to do it alone.
- EASY TO READ: A 3.5 W" x 1.5" H LCD screen allows you to see your distance, calories burned, time, and speed. The cycling bike has a 300 lb capacity, a hand pulse monitor, and larger pedals with safety straps to prevent foot slippage when exercising.
- DESIGNED FOR ALL SIZES: Our bike exercise machine can accommodate everyone from heights of 5'3" to 6'1". It has a large adjustable seat cushion, allowing you to sit upright for the proper posture and alignment necessary for a successful workout.
- EASY SET-UP AND STORAGE: With hassle-free assembly, this portable exercise bike comes with tools and easy-to-follow instructions. It folds to half its size when fully assembled and has transportation wheels for convenient relocation.
- STURDY CONSTRUCTION: Fabricated from solid steel, this compact exercise bike weighs 39 lbs and measures 19" D x 31" W x 46" H when fully assembled and 20" D x 22" W x 55.5" H when folded up.
- EXERPEUTIC: Specializing in manufacturing treadmills, ellipticals, and indoor cycling options. We combine the latest technology with upright, recumbent, and training models, giving you the tools for an effective and unforgettable cycling experience.
A foldable elliptical machine is another type of elliptical designed purposely to allow you to fold and store it easily, especially when it’s not in use. This makes the compact elliptical machine most suitable for individuals with limited space or wish to keep it out of the sight of strangers.
Features of the Foldable Elliptical Machine include steel frames that are stainless and thick and inbuilt devices made with advanced technology to help in monitoring your heart distance, speed, rate, and other workout aspects.
Foldable Elliptical machine is associated with various merits. For instance, it helps in saving the storage space since folding reduces its physical size. Besides, regardless of the small size of the machine, it can accommodate individuals with more weights to exercise on them.
Features of the Foldable Elliptical Machine
- Steel frames that are stainless and thick.
- Inbuilt devices made with advanced technology to help in monitoring your heart distance, speed, rate, and other workout aspects.
Advantages of Using a Foldable Elliptical Machine
- It helps in saving the storage space since folding reduces its physical size.
- Besides, regardless of the small size of the machine, it can accommodate individuals with more weights to exercise on them.
3. Glider Elliptical
The design of the elliptical glider machine is partly different from other types of elliptical machines. Instead of going in an elliptical or circular direction, this machine is designed to make your feet slide back, essentially giving you the form of workout you are looking for.
If you’re interested in something not in the sort of up and down motions, then the design of this machine gives you positions suitable for your workouts compared to other elliptical machines.
Features of the Glider Elliptical
- In-built pulse monitors enable you to constantly monitor your heart speed and rate.
- The machine is made up of electronic measurement of the distance, heart rate, speed, and calories burned.
- Glider elliptical has advanced technology that allows you to operate it quietly and smoothly.
Advantages of Glider Elliptical
- Aged people can use elliptical glider machine(s) since they do not cause frequent pain on the muscles and joint stiffness.
- This type of machine is perfect for individuals who lack experience in exercising since it is easy to use on your body, and helps in the slow build-up without feeling any pain.
4. Standard Elliptical Trainer Machine
The standard elliptical trainer is designed to be used when working on lower body parts only. The handlebars of the machine are stationary, making only your body’s lower part of experiencing the workout’s brunt.
Features of Standard Trainer Machine
- The machine is made with fans to cool and make you comfortable during the workouts.
- A standard elliptical trainer machine has several fascinating features, such as the cup holder to help you store water or juice bottles.
- The machine has the most convenient way of plugging in your MP3 player or cell phone, allowing you to enjoy your favorite music while exercising.
- It is also made up of a touch screen access feature to help you alter or change your workouts quickly and straightforwardly.
Advantages of Using A Standard Elliptical Trainer
- It helps you develop the lower parts of the body by facilitating the intense strict cardio workout with minimal impacts on the injuries.
- It enables you to keep your heart in good shape, safe by offering its protection from injuries.
Benefits of Using Elliptical Trainer Machines
- They help in boosting your cardio capacity and stamina
- Help in burning many calories in the body
- Elliptical machines exert less force on your joints, which reduces the risks of the injuries
- Help in getting both lower and upper body workouts
- They assist in burning the fats in the body
- Using elliptical machines can help you to improve your body balance
FAQs About Elliptical Machines
1. What is an elliptical machine?
An elliptical trainer machine is a stationary machine for exercises mainly used in climbing stairs, running, or walking without exerting too much pressure on the joints.
2. What are the benefits of using elliptical machines in working-out?
- They help in boosting your cardio capacity and stamina.
- Help in burning many calories in the body
- Elliptical machines exert less force on your joints, which reduces the risks of the injuries.
- Help in getting both lower and upper body workouts.
- They assist in burning the fats in the body.
3. What are the different types of elliptical machines?
There are four major types of elliptical machines, namely, standard elliptical trainer machines, elliptical cross trainer machines, glider elliptical machines, and foldable/compact elliptical machines.
4. What should I consider when selecting an elliptical machine suitable for my physical exercises?
When deciding to purchase or use an elliptical machine, you should consider the various factors, such as your goal for working out, the prices, the features of the machines, and their compatibility with your age and health.
Using the elliptical machines in your fitness exercises can help strengthen your muscles, heart, and lungs while improving your body balance, burning excess calories, and boosting your stamina. They provide the best options that can help you if you’re experiencing issues with your joints, maintaining or building your body fitness either before or after an injury.
There are four different types of elliptical machines, and these have several various features/ uses, advantages, and prices. Therefore, you need to consider these different factors when planning to use or purchase any elliptical machines.