When people think of treadmills, they often think of running on the treadmill. There are certain pieces of equipment designed for running, but you can also find the best treadmill for walking.
Walking on a treadmill is an excellent way to get in the cardiovascular exercise you need, and it’s a great way to stay in shape. It’s also an easy way to get in the amount of exercise you seek on a daily basis. If you use a treadmill on a regular basis, combined with healthy eating, then you can stay in shape.
What Is the Best Treadmill For Walking on the Market?
Is a Treadmill Good for Walking?
Yes! Treadmills herald you into a good way to begin a hilarious exercise routine. Most individuals are tolerant of walking as compared to running on treadmills. Some regardless of the fitness levels prefer walking on treadmills the most.
How Do I Choose a Treadmill for Walking?
A treadmill for walking is a great investment that gives you many options for exercise. If you don’t have time to go to the gym, or if you are racing against time and can’t get outside, the treadmill is an ideal equipment to help you exercise and save time.
Most people find treadmills as useful tools for indoor exercises because they ensure you maintain a fit body and stay physically healthy, especially after strenuous tasks. A good treadmill is expensive and buying one doesn’t necessarily mean that you’ll use it on a regular basis. Before you decide whether to buy a treadmill, consider these three main factors:
You need to look into something you can afford. So, consider your budget first. If you want a treadmill that will last, you will likely spend at least $1,000, although spending between $1,500 and $3,000 will offer more stability, better motors, and more workout options. If you have two or more users in your household, it is wise to look at models costing at least $1,500.
Horsepower of your chosen treadmill directly affects the quality of your treadmill and essentially how your workouts will look like. To make it easy, look for a motor with at least 1.5 continuous-duty horsepower (CHP). If you plan on running on the treadmill frequently, you’ll be better off choosing 2.5 to 3.0 CHP. You will also need a more powerful motor depending on your weight.
There are some treadmills you can fold. These could be suitable for you if you have a small space.
Best Treadmills for Walking
Here is a review of 9 best treadmills for walking exclusively.
1. Best Walking Treadmill – NordicTrack T Series Treadmills 6.5Si
- Weighs 209 lbs
- Brand name: NordicTrack
- Model Name: NordicTrack T 6.5 Si
- Available in black and grey colors
- Made of steel
- Manufacturer: ICOH9- pallet ordering
- 10-inch display
With modern engineering techniques, Nordic Track stands among the best treadmills for walking. It has an immersive 10-inch touch display, a Flex Select cushioning, and EKG grip pulse sensors to allow for a comfortable grip pulse.
It has a 10% auto inclination tech and 10 MPH smart speed adjustment. It is spacious with a 20 by 55-inch tread belt. It has an easy fit assist. You can fold it to save on space and allow for simple storage.
- Large capacity of up to 300 lbs
- A wide touchscreen display makes it modern and very appealing to operate on
- It can be folded, which saves on space
- It is very comfortable since it has a tread belt
- One cannot enter a weight for customized settings
2. Best Value – NordicTrack Model NTL17915 Home Treadmill For Walking
- A 300 lbs user capacity
- EKG Grip Pulse tracking abilities
- Weighs 203 pounds
- Brand Name: NordicTrack
- Model Name: NordicTrack
- Made of steel
With cool studio workouts, this model allows you to walk on the treadmill with extra comfort. It gives you confidence in the sense that your machine is highly durable. It has a continuous horsepower measured in the lab with a powerful motor. It has a Space Saver design with an easy lift assist and an incline control of 0-10% incline control.
- It’s durable giving your confidence on your machine
- It has a large user capacity of 300lbs
- It is very comfortable with a tread belt.
- Easy to use
- It does not give room for one to enter customized weight settings
3. Best For Walking and Running – Sunny Health and Fitness Walking Treadmill
- 44L by 19.5W inch running surface
- Maximum capacity of 295 lbs.
- 2.5 –peak horsepower motor
- It has transportation wheels
- Weighs 123 pounds
- Brand Name: Sunny Health & Fitness
- Black in color
- Manufacturer: Sunny Distributor Inc.
With a low wide deck and multi-grip handrails for balancing, this treadmill type gives you all the comfort you need. It has 295 Lb. capacity to achieve your fitness goal. It allows for comfortable mount and dismounts on the low profile deck. To reduce the impact on your joints, it is built with a shock absorption technology that is fitted on the low deck treadmill. Allows for walking between 0.6 to 5mph. It has speed buttons, which allow you to adjust it accordingly.
- It has a shock absorber to reduce the impact on your joints
- It has a low deck to allow you to mount and dismount easily
- It has a relatively large capacity of 295 lbs
- It has transportation wheels allowing for easy movement
- It needs an expert to assemble
4. Best Under Bed – WALKINGPAD A1 Foldable Treadmill Walking Pad
- 61.7 lbs capacity
- 0.31- 3.72 miles/hr. speed range
- 746W power
- 56.38 by 21.54 by 5.08 inches by dimensions
- Brand Name: WaalkingPad
- Weighs 69.9 pounds
- Manufacturer: WalkingPad
This is a cool walking treadmill model that can be easily folded to fit into storage space after use. It has a rated voltage of 110v and 60 Hz and a rated 746W power. It has a comfortable speed range of 0.31-3.72 mile/hr. it has the two-sport modes that you require: control mode and auto mode.
- It can be folded hence save on space.
- It is noise-free and very comfortable
- It has a maximum user weight of 100-220 lbs
- The app may not work sometimes due to crushing
5. Best Folding – XTERRA Fitness TR150 Walking Treadmill Black
- Powerful 2.25 HP Motor
- 0.5-10mph speed
- 16 by 50-inch running surface
- 5 inch LCD
- 12 preset programs
- Maximum capacity of 250 lbs
XTERRA Fitness treadmill is one of those choices you cannot afford to miss. It has a 5 inch Console where all your workouts like speed, time, distance, pulse, and calories can be monitored. It is also suitably designed with hand pulse grip sensors on the handlebars for convenience. It has a cushioning system underneath to absorb impact.
- Comfortable with shock absorbers
- It has a display screen to easily monitor your workouts
- It has hand pulse grips on a convenient location increasing its comfort
- It can be folded to manage on space
- It is not as large as other treadmills in terms of capacity
6. Best Under Desk – EgoFit Walker Walking Treadmill
- Measures 29.5 by 19.7 by 6.7 inches
- It has a maximum capacity of 43 lbs. for every 19.5 kg
- Speed range of 0.6-3 mph per 1-5 km/h
This is a cool walking treadmill with a standing desk for office and home workouts. Whether you are reading, typing or talking or carrying out any task, you can do so staying on your EgoFit. Your time can be used productively with this equipment in place. It takes little space. This item comes fully assembled with a digital display of speed, steps, time and calories measure. It is a compact equipment with a powerful motor withstanding a maximum load of 280 lbs. Just imagine you can walk on this treadmill while seated or standing.
- It is easily storable with its ability to fold
- It has a relatively larger capacity of 43lbs/19kgs
- It is very comfortable allowing walking while seated and standing
- It is relatively expensive
7. Best Foldable with Inlcine – Sunny Health & FitnessSF-T140M Manual Walking Treadmill
- 42 by 23 inch running space
- Manual speed range
- Measures 49 by 23 by 50 inches
- Weighs 46 lbs
- Manufacturer: Sunny Health & Fitness
With a cool multifunctional digital monitor, this treadmill model is a great investment. It is a compact treadmill walking equipment with a spacious running space of 42l by 13 winches. It does not require electricity. You can easily fold this treadmill for walking meaning it is easily storable taking minimum space. Should you want to accrue the benefits of walkout such as increased bone strength and increased and normal blood circulation, then this is the thing. It has an LCD monitor.
- It is lightweight
- A relatively larger user weight limit of 220 lbs
- It is suitable for small spaces
- You do not require electricity or plugs on your treadmill
- Comfortable and soft foam hand grips to allow easy balancing of the treadmill as you walk on it
- It is manual and can sometimes be strenuous after a long usage time
8. Best For Compact Home – Xspec Under Desk Walking Treadmill
- 550-watt motor
- Maximum power of 0.75HP
- Spacious Walking surface of 39.3 by 14.3 inches
- 265lbs maximum capacity
- Weighs 49 lbs
- Comes in black color
- 52.3 by 21.3 by 4.5 inches dimensions
With transport wheels to ease movement around, Xspec treadmill equipment is designed to suit all your workouts. To stay fit, boost your creativity and productivity, this is a suitable treadmill for use. It has a comfortable speed range of 0.5-3.7 mph to suit your exercise demands. It has a sleek design with high quality, reliability, and appeal. If you are looking for a walking treadmill to improve your health, physical fitness, and cardiovascular fitness, this is an ideal choice for you.
- It has a spacious walking platform
- It has a relatively larger max capacity of 265 lbs.
- A simple interface very easy to use
- It is easy to move around since it has wheels for transportation
- It can be easily stored even under the desk or bed
- Not suitable for fast running and high speeds
9. Best Folding Treadmill For Exercise – Goplus 2 in 1 Folding Treadmill
- Folding dimensions of 52 by 27 by 5 inches
- 1-12km/hour speed
- A running platform of 40 by 6 inches
Goplus is a great investment to your workout life since it can be easily folded for easy storage. It has a digital remote control system to monitor your workouts suitably, Bluetooth speakers and LED Display system. This is a piece of great treadmill equipment to install in your home or office. This treadmill has two sport modes for you to switch respectively of your workout. It has a powerful 2.25 Hp motor with a shock absorption system to reduce impact and increase comfort. It has a LED digital display.
- It is easy to use
- It is a very comfortable home and office treadmill for walking
- It can be stored with ease taking minimum space since it can be folded
- It has a Bluetooth speaker and remote control that you can connect to your phone to play music as you walk on the treadmill
- It is relatively expensive
The Advantages And Disadvantages of Best Walking Treadmill For Home
No worries about weathers
Have a walking treadmill at home, you can get a convenient exercise without go out, and you don’t need to worried about the weather outside, as getting a knee injury from walking on a hard surface is a common occurrence. A walking treadmill has shock absorption that makes hitting the surface with your feet kinder to your body. When you set a treadmill up in your home, it brings great convenience to exercising at home rather than going to the gym. (Here for Best Adjustable Incline Treadmill for Workouts)
Fitness walking, within a sufficient amount of time, is just as effective as running on the treadmill for losing weight. The speed, incline, warm-up and cool-down can be controlled on a treadmill. Also, other features, such as heart rate monitoring, are often included.
Of course, there are some disadvantages of walking on a treadmill we should note:
The cost can be higher
The cost of a treadmill may be cost-prohibitive for some people interested in fitness. However, walker versions are cheaper than runner versions. If something happens to the treadmill, chances are only a professional can fix it. It is never advised to try and repair a treadmill if you are unfamiliar with how to fix it properly.
- For money-saving, you can see page: Best Price Treadmill for Your Budget
- For space-saving, you can see page: Best Size & Designed Portable Treadmill Machines
Take up much space
Treadmills take up a lot of space. To have one in your home, you must have enough room to store one. Some people find walking on a treadmill a boring activity, and thus having a hard time sticking to it. So before you make decision to buy a treadmill for home, thinks it before you pay your money.
Best Cheap Walking Treadmill Under $200 – Confidence Power Plus Motorized Electric Treadmill
What Should You Know on Getting Best Walking Treadmill?
1. Fit your needs
Although you are buying the treadmill for walking, it’s wise to choose one that can also handle a running workout for times when you want to vary your workout. Therefore, make sure that you choose equipment that has a powerful motor.
2. Choose a treadmill that offers workouts.
For example, some equipment offers as much as 30 different built-in workouts for the individual using the equipment. These exercises include heart rate, pace, time, distance, and more.
3. Never buy a treadmill that does not come with a solid warranty.
Equipment, such as walking treadmills could break down months after your purchase. Always have a guarantee in case of mechanical failure.
4. Large storage place is more convenient in use
Choose a treadmill that offers a place to hold your water, music, and towel while you workout.
Here to see the reviews and tips of top brand: Overview Price Rang & Functions of Top Treadmill Brands. It will convenient for you to choose right models.
Best Tips to Remember For Walking Treadmill Workouts
Consult your doctors before running
Even though you are walking instead of running, it is important that you get the okay from your doctor. Your heart rate, for example, will naturally rise when you use a treadmill as you get your cardiovascular workout. However, ensure that you are physically fit enough to begin a treadmill workout.
A warm-up should accompany all cardiovascular workouts.
Be sure to do some light stretches and body movements before you get on the treadmill. Or, walk on the treadmill at a very slow pace for about five minutes before you raise the level to the normal pace for walking.
Walking on a treadmill for fitness is an attractive option for staying in shape and for losing weight.
It is also a great alternative for some people who have to sit for long hours for their work, such as writers and authors. Some people use a walking treadmill for work, for example, some authors choose to walk while they write rather than sit for extended periods of time.
Walking while typing is an excellent way to stay in shape, but if this is your goal, look for a treadmill that will sufficiently accompany a laptop or other writing device.
Best Walking Treadmill For Working – LifeSpan TR1200-DT5 Treadmill Desk
To get the most out of cardiovascular exercise without running, the treadmill setting should be at 4.0.
However, this speed should be lowered if you are typing while on the treadmill. Be sure to walk on the equipment for at least 20 minutes to get the effects of the workout.
To assist with cardiovascular working out and losing weight, your treadmill will include an incline.
Raising the level of your treadmill platform will make your body work harder. It is also a way to give your legs more of a workout. For treadmill walking, the incline can be set at 2.0 or 3.0. Do not raise the include more than 3.0; this can be dangerous to do when you are on the treadmill for walking. As with all workouts, cool down after you are done walking on the treadmill. A useful cool down should last for ten minutes. Set the treadmill between 1.0 and 2.0 for cool down walking.
More about safety, you can consider:
Do not choose a treadmill solely based on price.
Be sure to check out the features of the equipment to make sure that it has all of the additions you’ll need. This kind of equipment is made to last a long time, and therefore, it’s important that you choose a model that fits your needs.
Getting one with premium quality and warranty will save a lot of money.
Even though your goal is to walk on the treadmill, you may decide to buy a treadmill that you can run on as well in case your fitness needs change in the future. You can purchase a good quality treadmill from a sports equipment store, but you can also order a decent treadmill online. Be sure that your equipment offers a warranty in case something goes wrong.
Best Treadmill for Both Walking and Running – 3G Cardio 80i Fold Flat Treadmill
- It is the only fold FlatTM treadmill, fold-flat dimensions: 74″x33″x9.75″
- Residential Warranty: Lifetime motor, lifetime frame, 5 years parts, 1-year in-home labor.
Tips and Tricks for Keeping Your Treadmill Walking Interesting
Listen to Music
Music is an amazing way to add some energy and enthusiasm to your exercise on treadmill walking. Talk about keeping your physical fitness strong while at the same time relieving your mind of stress.
Take a Friend With You
To ease the boredom of solo moments, you can drag a friend along. These help you create cool moments talking with a friend. Walking on a treadmill requires less attention since you are mostly indoors, so distractions are very minimal.
Arm Swing and Foot Placement
Ensure that you strike the ground with your heel first rolling through from heel to heel. Try to bend your elbows at a 90-degree angle and keep your arms as close to your body as possible.
#1. Can I Lose Weight Walking 30 Minutes on a Treadmill?
Walking on a treadmill is an intense exercise. Our bodies burn extra calories whenever we do heavy exercise. For 30 minutes of walking on a treadmill, your body cells burn about 170-180 calories. Consequently, this results in a progressive weight loss proportionally.
#2. How Fast Should I Walk on the Treadmill to Lose Weight?
At an achievable rate of 60 minutes in a single day of moderate exercise, you are on track to burning calories in your body using a walking treadmill.
#3. What Is a Good Incline to Walk on a Treadmill?
From 0 to 15 % inclination and a 1% treadmill incline.
#4. Is a Manual Treadmill Better for Walking?
A manual treadmill has proven to be more tedious alongside the fact that it can strain your knee and your hips. A manual treadmill does not have a belt cushioning system.
#5. Should I Walk on an Incline?
Yes! Walking on an incline on your walking treadmill has far-reaching benefits such as building your backside strength, keeping your thighs strong, and fit.
#6. What Are the Pros and Cons of Under-Desk Treadmills
- More exercise, more concentration to work
- Increased concentration and alertness
- Enables one to cut down weight and burn excess calories in your body
- They can take up a lot of space
The Bottom Line
Once you get your treadmill home, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to try out the different programs and get into a routine. Treadmill workouts get pretty boring if you do the same thing all the time. Be sure to take the time to explore all of the variations so your new treadmill does not linger in the corner becoming a clothes rack.
Want see more? Here we go, keep reading >>